Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Adieu 2010...Thank you very much..:)


A new year is reaching our door steps…. May be the coming year would give a lot of good experiences. For me the year 2010 is very special. It has taught me a lot of lessons. In other words, my life has gone through a lot of changing phases in 2010. This year’s first months only, I lost my label as a student which I carried with me for long years. Now everyone is looking at me as if I am a mature person, who should be more responsible…yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well…Hi 2010 thanks a lot… You taught me a lot of lessons which is very much important in my life. I started to earn in 2010…Gosh… I started to spend my money, became more responsible daughter and a responsible sister this year… I saw a lot of different “faces” which taught me the tricks of life.

From the day I reached Chennai to join NT, the life also start teaching me nice, sweet and bitter lessons. Earlier I had only one face... I was a innocent, pretty close to friends and playing prank on the people whom I love and care. But here, for many “Shahi” is terrible and violent, and for some I am so silent. I have seen people who speak so smart and sweet in front of me and backbiting me at the same time.

2010 has gifted me new friends also. Athira, a girl in the PG where I stayed for two- three months was really nice. The late night chat with her on the terrace which would go up to 2am, roaming at nights with her in the name of evening walk, having cone ice cream from “jai” and hot samosa chats from the crowded “Thattukada" etc ...(more things are there, but better I wont write it)are unforgettable in my life.

Another friend I got from Chennai is Nandu… sorry Nandu Uncle… On my days in NT, I loved Thursday to Saturday just because of him. He was the one who taught me how to write, though I didn’t develop my writing skills much. He corrected me whenever I make a mistake, not only in writing, but also in whole aspect of life. When I make a mistake in my talk stories, he will just shout my name from his cabin, fully annoyed, but I will go with a smile on my face… On seeing my face he would say… “Don’t smile ok… Coz of your smile only I am not able to shout at you”, hearing that my smile change to laugh.

Oh yea another avatar is there in my room… One of my roomies- Vandhana Krishnan, a girl who had a lot of misunderstanding about me and Arya, from NT, but once she got close to us, she understood that we are really NICE people and so joined with us in room . She looks like a poor soul, but she is exactly like me only… giving me company to do all naughty things…Lol….: P

N yea now I know how difficult is to manage a family within certain budgets, I know how to bargain and get things in cheap rates… I am now aware of things from the per unit charge of electricity to the price of provisions and vegetables. Thank you 2010, you taught me all this lessons, which I can take along with me for my life time

I had been to Chennai a year before for my internship, that time I was so scared about the city… what all roads...What all confusing ways… now at least I am aware of the routes in the city, have got an idea about, which route will take you to what place…

Sorry forget to tell about another friend… Merlyn John, a shy guy in NT, who became my prey in office. We became pretty close just because of the “centre fresh chewing gum” and the long g-talk sitting aside me … plus Sony Erickson.

And talking about our house –“Dora” that is what we call it… The small house is full of fun always… There will be some or other reason to laugh always…now we three weird characters are there... Arya, Vandhana and me (Actually four were there, but one left) All the three are crazy… keep on pulling each others legs for some or other reason and experimenting in kitchen. Sometimes we have nice food n some times horrible!!!!!! No matter how the food taste, “our money, our provisions, our food so don’t waste” is Dora’s policy. With “Slum dogs”, “Australia” and “landlady” as our neighbors, life is full of fun there.

Again 2010, gave me an opportunity to experiment with PR- New office, new colleagues and a new life in all the way.

Roaming in city till late night, bugging and making fights with the sellers in T.nagar is another funny part which I never ever want to miss in my life.

Lot of things I am missing…and some other things I don't want to mention -especially the bitter part of my life in 2010….just coz I only wanted to remember the happy moments in my life. Happiness is what we should share with others not sadness, so left that part… I hope 2011 will give me a lot of wonderful experience to keep in my mind for ever. Though I hate New years as I feel by every year we are getting closer to death, I am looking forward 2011..full of excitement… just waiting to see how it will be…!!!!!!!

4 comments:

roopz said...

good one shahi...n even in this u haven't forgotten to mention dat name, SAMOSA :D
don't worry abt all dos who call u violent..we'll shoot them ;)
happy new year :)

VANDHANA said...

Thank you 2010...for giving me a friend like 'Bumbley'...for those who dunno who Bumbley is pls ask Shahi...She is sweet, cute, a loyal friend and weird at times...these days I spend a lot of time with Bumbley cos 'Cherry' is busy with her work...I spent Christmas with sweet Bumbley in EA and Spencers and those are the memories I would cherish forever...does not matter where I first spoke to her or what I spoke but there is no stopping ever since...she puts up with what all experiments I do in kitchen and never have I seen her sober...always willing to help her friends, always talking, she also helps me in organising our beautiful Dora house...Luv you Bumbley...

Life is a spark from womb to tomb said...

Am i weird.. yea sumtyms...And all those moments I spend with Dora's would cherish in my mind forever... Life is crazy for the people there.. N thanks Vandhu..to take initiative to publicize my another name..:)

Life is a spark from womb to tomb said...

@ Roopa: Thank You..:)n how can i forget samosa just like that...!!!!!